Magic Moon Phase Guide For All Your Spell Workings
The Moon is a very powerful body, and much energy can be harnessed and harvested from it. It is a mysterious and magnificent being. The moon can charge us with extra energy if we need it, and if we ask for it.
For magic purposes, the moon is used for all kinds of spells and rituals. The various phases give various amounts of energy and frequency for us to use for our workings; whatever those workings may be.
The moon can give you a boost of power if you choose to harness that power, so you want to choose your moon phase wisely or else you may end up getting a spell that backfires because you harnessed the wrong polarity of energy from the moon.
This is a simple moon phase guide as to which moon phase is best for the different types of spells. It is generalized as for type of spell, not for specific spells. The spells you perform are up to you, this is simply a guide if you wish to do your magic by moon phase.
New Moon – dark, unlit moon; the new moon phase is the start as well as the end of the cycle for the moon phases.
Waxing Crescent – the portion of the moon that is lit is in the shape of a crescent; this moon phase is also sometimes referred to as a Waxing Quarter because roughly one-quarter of the moon is visible at this time. Waxing Crescent is when the moon is on its way to becoming a Full Moon.
First Quarter – also referred to as Waxing Half, this moon phase is where half of the visible side of the moon is lit and is making its way to becoming a Full Moon.
Waxing Gibbous – this moon phase is sometimes referred to as a Three-Quarter Waxing moon because roughly three-quarters of the moon is lit as the moon heads to becoming a Full Moon.
Full Moon – a Full Moon is when the entire visible moon is lit bright; the Full Moon is the halfway point in the moon phase cycle.
Waning Gibbous – this moon phase is also sometimes called Three-Quarter Waning moon, and is when roughly three-quarters of the moon is lit after passing the point of Full Moon on its way to returning to the New Moon.
Last Quarter – also referred to as Waning Half, this moon phase is when half of the moon is lit during the cycle of returning to a New Moon.
Waning Crescent – the portion of the moon that is lit during the Waning Crescent moon phase looks like a crescent in the sky; also referred to as Dark Moon or Waning Quarter as the crescent is roughly one-quarter of the moon lit as it returns in the cycle to being a New Moon.
What Each Type Of Moon Phase Is Used For
New Moon – The New Moon phase draws the second most amount of power out of all other moon phases. New moon energy is channeled for renewing and refreshing. New Moon = New
- Very powerful moon phase for important spells.
- Good for spells where you need to cleanse and start fresh.
- Used for starting a new job or relationship.
- Can be used for binding when the binding involves starting over. For example, to bind your past so that it does not affect your present or future.
- Good for fertility spells.
- A good moon phase for contacting and communicating with those who have passed on.
- The new moon is for starting new ventures, new beginnings. Also love and romance, health or job hunting.
A Waxing Moon – means the moon is transitioning from New to Full. A Waxing Moon lasts for almost half the entire moon cycle.
- To bring things to you, to attract your desires and wishes.
- Used for prosperity spells, luck spells, to attract money and success, as well as love and happiness.
- Also used for spells for finding objects, people, or pets.
- The waxing moon is for constructive magic, such as love, wealth, success, courage, friendship, luck and health.
Full Moon – The Full Moon phase draws more power than any other moon phase. Full Moon = Full Power or Full Charge
- Very powerful moon phase for important spells.
- Used for any spell that requires a large amount of energy and power.
- Can be used for binding when the binding involves someone or something that you need to protect yourself or someone else from; also for protection.
- Prophecy and Divination rituals are best done during the Full Moon phase.
- Also for major and minor healing; finding work; knowledge; love; legal matters; dreams; and money.
- A Full Moon’s energy can be harnessed for anything that can be done during any of the other moon phases, especially the New Moon phase.
A Waning Moon – means the moon is transitioning from Full to New. A Waning Moon lasts for almost half the entire moon cycle. The Dark Moon phase falls under the Waning Moon.
- To ward things off; to rid yourself of something or someone; to rid of bad luck and negativity.
- Used for spells that end a relationship, or end another phase in your life.
- It is the moon phase for ridding illness and addictions, as well as for binding.
- For rituals after a death to remove any unwanted energy that is lingering, or to put a soul to rest.
- This moon phase is also good for cleansing spells or rituals, smudging, etc.
- Used for banishing spells.
- The Dark Moon is a time for getting rid of one’s bad habits; for binding spells; for delving into our hidden portions of ourselves to understand better our angers and passions; and for bringing forth justice.
You can do your spells during any portion of the moon phase of your choosing if you do not wish to follow traditional witchcraft which would have you follow moon phase specifics per spell or ritual.
Doing magic by moon phase is only necessary when you wish to harness the energy of the moon. If you are not planning on taking and using the moon’s energy, then you do not need to choose to do your spell or ritual during a specific moon phase.
I hope this guide helps you.